Why hello there Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies. It’s been a while since we saw a healthy recipe on this blog! These Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies are gluten free, refined sugar free, dairy free and can be made vegan. They are fudgy, gooey and do not taste healthy in the slightest. I have made these at least 10 times in the last few months because they are that good!
Like I said, its been a while since I made a healthy recipe for the blog but that is changing today. I love experimenting with healthier alternatives and ingredients so expect to continue to see healthy recipes in among the usual ‘naughty. treats.
I have created a video that shows a bit of behind the scenes of how these brownies were created. You can watch that below or on my YouTube Channel. These use coconut oil, peanut butter, vanilla extract, gluten free flour and cocoa as the core ingredients. These use eggs but you could replace these with apple sauce and yield the same results. Chocolate chips are optional but highly recommended!
The flavour is like a peanut butter chocolate bar but a fudgy and gooey kind! Its like a cross between a brownie and a gooey cookie bar.
I use an all natural peanut butter to make these as healthy as possible. It is important that you use smooth peanut butter not crunchy as crunchy peanut butter causes the brownies to turn more cake like as it is drying. The photo above is made with crunchy peanut butter compared with the fudgier smooth brownie pictured below.
I hope you enjoy these Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Brownies
- 1 and 3/4 Cups Smooth Peanut Butter (440g)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted (55g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs (Or 1/2 Cup Apple Sauce)
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Coconut Sugar (175g)
- 2/3 Cup Gluten Free Flour Blend (90g)
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa (24g)
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Chocolate Chips (Optional) (135g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x13" baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
- Combine the peanut butter, coconut oil, vanilla, eggs or apple sauce, milk and coconut sugar together until smooth.
- Add in the gluten free flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa and mix until smooth.
- Stir through the chocolate chips if using them pour into the prepared pan and place in the oven to bake for 20 minutes. The middle will still look under baked but you want them like this so they are fudgy!
Leave a Reply