Maple Pecan Brownies are super fudgy chocolate maple brownies studded with candied maple brownies.
Side Note: I know this is a really difficult time for most of the world with the Corona Virus and my heart goes out to all those affected. However, I feel the news and other media outlets are doing a great job of keeping people up to date with details etc so I am going to keep my blog and content as a source of normalcy. So if you like baking, recipes and just need something to take your mind off hard topics, stick around!
These brownies are a twist on my classic fudgy brownies with the addition of candied maple pecans, which have been featured before in this recipe and again in this recipe, and with the addition of maple syrup throughout the brownies to really get that hit of maple flavour.
How to make these brownies
Recipe for these maple pecan brownies is simple. We take my fudgy brownies recipe (cutting down on the brown sugar and sugar to make room for the addition of pure maple syrup). I’m not going to explain how to make these brownies as I have in many other posts and the full recipe is available below.
To candy the pecans you just need a simple mixture of maple syrup, coconut oil, salt and a touch of vanilla extract. Fry these ingredients with the pecans and that’s it!
I hope you enjoy these Maple Pecan Brownies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Maple Pecan Brownies
Candied Maple Pecans;
- 1 Cup Chopped Pecans (140g)
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 Tbsp. Pure Maple Syrup (92g)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Butter (170g)
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate (190g)
- 3/4 Cup Pure Maple Syrup (241.5g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa (31g)
- 1 and 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (150g)
- 16 Pecans (Decoration)
Candied Maple Pecans;
- Chop the pecans into small pieces.
- Place a fry pan on a medium to high heat and place the coconut oil, salt, maple syrup, vanilla extract and pecans into the fry pan and fry for five minutes. Stir constantly so the pecans don't burn.
- Pour onto non stick paper and spread out to allow them to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9'x9' baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, brown sugar, maple syrup and vanilla extract together until the mixture becomes a light golden colour.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour, cocoa and candied pecans until just combined.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. Around 15 minutes through, take them out of the oven and top with the 16 pecans and then place back in the oven for the remaining 10 minutes.
- The top and sides will be set and the middle will have crumbs attached to a skewer inserted but should not be wet.