Monster Cookie Bars are a twist on the classic chewy peanut butter, oat and M&M cookies. They’re turned into bars to make them even denser!
Basically, what I’m trying to say, these bars are a combination of everything I – and I know a lot of you – love.
The recipe and idea of monster cookies is no revelation. One google search and it will come up with all manner of recipes but the not too many have turned them in to bars and no one has a recipe quite like mine.
For one thing these have been tested to be gluten free and regular. If you want to substitute gluten free flour and gluten free oats over regular, you can do so and they taste exactly the same. I also go a bit crazy on the amount of chocolate chips, M&Ms and peanut butter I had to these bars. You won’t find a more chocolate and peanut butter packed monster cookie bar around, I assure you.
I actually wasn’t going to share this recipe just yet but university has picked up and my time management has gone out the window so I haven’t had a chance to get in the kitchen and create an idea I thought of until next week. Don’t worry, I will let you know when it comes along. It’s going to be epic! I hope…
A note on the peanut butter. I always use an all natural peanut butter but you can use regular peanut butter if you wish with no changes to the recipe. Just ensure the peanut butter is smooth as crunchy peanut butter doesn’t have the moisture content we need for these bars.
I hope you enjoy these Monster Cookie Bars and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Monster Cookie Bars
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Softened (80g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 3/4 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter (188g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (135g)
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (OR Gluten Free Flour Blend) (120g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Cup M&Ms (200g)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking pan with baking pan or grease with non stick cooking pray and set aside.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, sugar and peanut butter in a bowl and beat together until light and fluffy with an electric beater.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until smooth.
- Stir through the oats, flour and baking soda until mixed.
- Fold through the M&Ms and chocolate chips and press into the prepared baking pan.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The outsides will be lightly golden and a skewer inserted will only have a few loose crumbs attached. You want to slightly under bake for soft and gooey cookie bars!