Nutella Swirl Bakery Style Cookies are big, chunky, thick and chewy bakery style chocolate chip cookies swirled with Nutella.
These cookies are my Bakery Style Cookies just with addition of swirled Nutella. If you haven’t already made those chocolate chip cookies, you really need to!
I also have Triple chocolate Bakery Cookies for the chocoholics!
If you can’t tell, I love bakery style cookies. These are based around the famous Levain bakery huge cookies.
What makes bakery style cookies so great is the thick and chewy nature of the cookies. They are big, tall, chewy on the outside and soft in the middle. The addition of Nutella to these ones is every hazelnut chocolate lovers dream.
How to Make the Nutella Swirled Bakery Style Cookies
Why Use Cold Butter?
Cold butter means you will still have small chunks of butter throughout the cookie dough and will ensure the cookies do not spread too much while aiding in keeping these cookies chewy.
The cold butter trick is from one of the most famous bakeries, Levain Bakery. They insist this is how they make their huge, thick cookies!
The cold butter also means the easiest method for making these cookies is to use a stand mixer. Hand mixing will not work.
I hope you enjoy these Nutella Swirl Bakery Style Cookies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Nutella Swirl Bakery Style Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter, Cold and cut into chunks (220g)
- 3/4 Cups Brown Sugar (150g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (420g)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Chocolate Chips (270g)
- 1/2 Cup Nutella (150g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cold butter with the brown sugar and sugar creaming them together.
- There should still be clumps of butter visible.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat in. Again, there should still be chunks of butter visible.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cornflour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir in.
- Dollop the Nutella around the batter and fold through a few times. You want it swirled not fully incorporated.
- Divide the mixture into around 10-12 large balls and arrange on the prepared pan
- Only five to a tray as they will spread.
- I didn't roll mine, more like clumped them together in a rustic look. You want them tall balls rather than flatter balls as this will help them remain thick.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour to re chill the butter and avoid spreading.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes. The dough will still be a little soft to the touch.
Leave a Reply