Ultra chewy and gooey Oatmeal Cookie S'mores Bars. We have chocolate chip oatmeal cookie bars on the base and top that are filled with a chocolate fudge and plenty of sweet and melting marshmallows for the ultimate campfire treat.
It's Friday! Or #friyay if you follow the social media trends. My weekend ahead is going to be busy but today I feel like celebrating. Celebrating with the most comforting treat I know. I mean, what sounds more comforting than Oatmeal Cookie S'mores Bars?
Oatmeal cookies are the classic childhood treat and s'mores reminds me of cozy campfires or in my case, winters spent by the fire with a good movie. Ultimate comfort treat and ultimate celebration dessert!
I am obsessed with s'mores. I have a number of s'mores recipes on my blog from my S'mores Cookie Pie to my Sticky S'mores Bars, right through to my Salted Caramel S'mores Brownies and every thing in between. Adding to the list is these oatmeal cookie s'mores bars. The base of these is a classic oatmeal cookie mixture complete with chocolate chips. I based this off my Buttery Caramel Oat Slice recipe with a few tweaks here and there, primarily, the addition of broken pieces of digestive biscuits (graham crackers) for the s'mores vibe.
We fill these oatmeal cookie bars with a combination of marshmallows and simple, two ingredient chocolate fudge. The middle, when baked, turns into a gooey and chewy center of soft and pillowy marshmallows and gooey chocolate fudge. Combine that the crunch and classic chew of the oatmeal cookie outside and you have perfection on a plate.
The bars are baked in a 9"x13" baking tin but you could halve these and bake them in a 9"x9" tin for a smaller amount.
I hope you enjoy today's recipe and find it as comforting as I do. I truely hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Oatmeal Cookie S'mores Bars
Oat Cookie Recipe;
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted (220g)
- 1 and ¾ Cups Brown Sugar (300g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 and ⅔ Cups All Purpose Flour (330g)
- 2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 and ½ Cups Oats (225g)
- 1 and ½ Cups Digestives, Lightly Crushed, (Graham Crackers) (125g)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 2 and ¼ Cups Dark Chocolate (400g)
- 2 Cups Marshmallows (16-20 Marshmallows)
First Make the Filling;
- Place the condensed milk and chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat and melt together. Remove from the heat and slice the marshmallows into halves and set them both aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x13" baking pan with baking paper or grease with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Place the brown sugar in a bowl and mix in the melted butter.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla extract and mix.
- Add the flours, oats, lightly crushed digestives and mix until all combined.
- Press ⅔ of the mixture into the base of the prepared pan.
- Top with the chocolate fudge mixture and placed the sliced marshmallows on top and then crumble over the remaining oat mixture on top.
- Place in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes. The top should be a light golden colour.
- Allow to cool completely before slicing. I like to cool mine in the fridge so the chocolate fudge slices nicely.
OMG these look super tasty. I need to make some
GR | https://www.thegreat.uk
Thank you so much! I'm sure you'll love them!