Friends, say hello to Peanut Butter Stuffed Blondie Cups! Lovely, melting peanut butter encased in ooey, gooey blondie cups! Today is all about peanuts, comfort and goo!
You may remember a while ago I posted my Nutella Stuffed Blondie Cups. I absolutely adore these! If you haven’t already made these you really must. After you have made these of course! I love them so much I had to recreate those gooey blondie cups but decided to give these a peanut twist, and as you can see, I was not disappointed in the result!
The blondie is my rich, gorgeous, blondie recipe that has never failed me yet! It is perfect for these cups as they set on the outside while remaining soft and gooey in the middle with a lovely light set on the top. I added chocolate chips to these blondie cups because, chocolate. Plus chocolate and peanut butter is a match made in heaven! If you won’t omit the chocolate chips (shame on you!), then feel free to do so. I’m sure these are just as delicious chocolate free…. I guess….
For the peanut butter filling I used an all natural crunchy peanut butter. This peanut butter is literally just ground peanuts. I think all natural peanut butter tastes just as – if not better – than other peanut butters with all the additives. You can use any peanut butter you prefer but I do really recommend at least trying an all natural peanut butter because they really are delicious and so much better for you!
Fun fact: I don’t like peanuts. Yep. You heard that right. I. Don’t. Like. Peanuts. Yet, I like peanut butter. I know. I’m weird. Kind of like how I don’t like Oreos except in baking. Same with marshmallows….. Sorry. Moving on.
Freezing the peanut butter in little blobs before placing them in the middle of the blondie cups ensure the peanut butter remains soft and melting as the blondies bake. Everyone loves melting peanut butter right?
Peanut Butter Stuffed Blondie Cups
- 1 Cup Peanut Butter
- 150 g Butter, Melted
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Line a baking tray with non stick cooking paper and dollop 12 1 and 1/2 Tbsp blobs of peanut butter on the tray and place in the freezer for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease and muffin tin.
- Melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Place half the mixture evenly between each of the 12 muffin tins.
- Take a peanut butter blob and place one in the center of each.
- Top each with the remaining blondie mixture.
- Bake for around 12 minutes until the outside is golden.
- The middle will sink and be wobbly but that is normal.
Allow to cool completely if you don't want the peanut butter to spill out of the blondie or alternatively place in the fridge for 2-3 hours if you want a solid center.
I love hearing feedback on my blog. Whether you like a recipe or have tried anything off my blog, let me know! Connect with me on instagram and hashtag #lightscamerabake to show me your creations.
Leave a Reply