**Post and photos updated from 2016 in 2019**.
These Nutella Stuffed Blondie Cups are off the chart! Gooey Nutella encased in a soft, and gooey blondie.
At this point, we all know I LOVE Nutella! One of my favourite chocolate flavours is hazelnut so its only natural I should love it.
Not in the traditional spread-it-on-bread-and-eat-it-like-a-sandwich sense though. More like take-a-large-spoon-and-eat-it-out-of-the-container sense. The appeal of chocolate spread over bread will always be a mystery to me.
I have a Nutella White Chocolate Blondies on my blog that is a consistently top recipe on the blog, however, some days you need copious amounts of Nutella.
This recipe is for one of those times.
The first thing I did was place large dessert spoon blobs of Nutella on a tray and Freeze them. This ensured that the Nutella would remain soft and gooey in the cooking process and not spread and cook through the Blondie case.
Next I worked on making the perfect, soft, Blondie. I feel like I have made the perfect recipe, but I’ll leave that up to you to decide.
I found this recipe makes 12 large cups, which is perfect when you
want need a lot of Nutella like me! This time I used cupcake cases as I wanted a faster clean up but when I first made these blondie cups, I greased a muffin tin to keep a smooth outer surface and found these popped out perfectly.
These are super easy and quick to make. They only bake for around 12 minutes and they’re done! The middle does sink due to the Nutella melting, this is normal. I waited all of 5 minutes before I had to try one and oh boy…. Having them warm is just heavenly! Soft, chocolatey, goo…. If you don’t want a mess, wait for them to cool completely before eating. If you want to go one step further and have a solid Nutella filling, place them in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving. They taste amazing whatever your preference on how to eat these.
I hope you enjoy these Nutella Stuffed Blondie Cups and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Nutella Stuffed Blondie Cups
- 1 Cup Nutella
- 150 g Butter, Melted (2/3 Cup)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Line a baking tray with non stick cooking paper and dollop 12 1 and 1/2 Tbsp blobs of Nutella on the tray and place in the freezer for half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease and muffin tin.
- Melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Place half the mixture evenly between each of the 12 muffin tins.
- Take a Nutella dollop and place one in the center of each.
- Top each with the remaining blondie mixture.
- Bake for around 12 minutes until the outside is golden.
- The middle will sink and be wobbly but that is normal.
Allow to cool completely if you don't want the Nutella to spill out of the blondie or alternatively place in the fridge for 2-3 hours if you want a solid center.