These Nutella Stuffed Blondie Cups are off the chart! Gooey Nutella encased in a soft blondie.
I LOVE Nutella! One of my favourite chocolate flavours is hazelnut so its only natural I should love it. Not in the traditional spread-it-on-bread-and-eat-it-like-a-sandwich sense though. More like take-a-large-spoon-and-eat-it-out-of-the-container sense. The appeal of chocolate spread over bread will always be a mystery to me.
However, Nutella spread over sweet blondies is another story. I was originally going to post a recipe about just that. However, on this particular day, a small spread of Nutella just wasn’t going to cut it for me. I had a particular craving for Nutella and A LOT of it. So the Nutella Stuffed Blondie Cups were born, and I can tell you, they are AMAZING! These have easily become one of my favourites and I’m sure they’ll become one of yours.
The first thing I did was place large dessert spoon blobs of Nutella on a tray and Freeze them. This ensured that the Nutella would remain soft and gooey in the cooking process and not spread and cook through the Blondie case.
Next I worked on making the perfect, soft, Blondie. I feel like I have made the perfect recipe, but I’ll leave that up to you to decide.
I found this recipe makes 12 large cups, which is perfect when you
want need a lot of Nutella like me! I greased a muffin tin to keep a smooth outer surface and found these popped out perfectly. (You can use cupcake cases if you like, I just personally wanted a smooth outside shape.)
These are super easy and quick to make. They only bake for around 12 minutes and they’re done! The middle does sink due to the Nutella melting, this is normal. I waited all of 5 minutes before I had to try one and oh boy…. Having them warm is just heavenly! Soft, chocolatey, goo…. If you don’t want a mess, wait for them to cool completely before eating. If you want to go one step further and have a solid Nutella filling, place them in the fridge for 2-3 hours before serving. They taste amazing whatever your preference on how to eat these.
- 1 Cup Nutella
- 150 g Butter, Melted (2/3 Cup)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Brown Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 and 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- Line a baking tray with non stick cooking paper and dollop 12 1 and 1/2 Tbsp blobs of Nutella on the tray and place in the freezer for half an hour.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease and muffin tin.
- Melt the butter and mix in the brown sugar.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Place half the mixture evenly between each of the 12 muffin tins.
- Take a Nutella dollop and place one in the center of each.
- Top each with the remaining blondie mixture.
- Bake for around 12 minutes until the outside is golden.
- The middle will sink and be wobbly but that is normal.
Eat warm for a delicious comforting treat.
Allow to cool completely if you don't want the Nutella to spill out of the blondie or alternatively place in the fridge for 2-3 hours if you want a solid center.