Happy Monday everyone. And a very happy Monday it is…. We’re celebrating with Red Wine Fudge Brownies: Rich, chocolate, fudge brownies spiked with red wine. Wine lovers, this ones for you!
I mentioned in my previous post that I would be creating something with wine and you seriously won’t be disappointed with these brownies! These brownies were bit of an experiment. A very tasty, happy experiment….
These brownies are like most brownies where the flavours are better and more developed the next day. For wine lovers, the wine flavour definitely gets stronger the next day and the fudge texture gets even fudgier! A red wine, chocoholics dream!
I’ll be honest and say that I am not a wine fan. I actually can’t stand wine. I did however like these brownies straight out of the oven. As I said earlier, the flavours get more pungent the next day so the wine and alcohol flavour isn’t as strong when these brownies are straight out of the oven.
I did not cook off the alcohol before baking these brownies as I wanted these to have a distinctive wine flavour and to be strictly an R-Rated dessert! I added a half a cup of red wine to my brownies but if you don’t want a really strong alcohol flavour, just a hint, then only add a quarter of a cup.
Serve these at your next party or get together. Your guests will be very happy, I assure you!
- 75 g Butter
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Large Egg
- 2/3 Cups Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/3 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 - 1/2 Cup Red Wine
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line an 8"x8" tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips together leave leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg, brown sugar and vanilla together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add the chocolate mixture and stir in.
- Stir in the cocoa until nearly combined and then add the flour and stir until just combined.
- Stir in the red wine. (Only use 1/4 cup if you don't want the wine to be too pungent.
- Pour into the prepared tin and place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Check it at 15 mins as crumbs should still be attached when a skewer is inserted.
- Allow to cool before removing from the tin and serving.
The brownies get fudgier and the wine flavour develops more the next day.