Hey you! Yes. YOU! Stop whatever you are doing and read this post! Do you remember my Ultimate Chocolate Chip Oreo Brownies? (A.K.A. Slutty Brownies). The recipe that layers chocolate chip cookie dough, Oreos and fudge brownie all in one recipe and one deliciously, over-the-top treat?
Well my friends, meet that recipe’s super hot, rock star brother. Friends…. Meet the Slutty Brownies 2.0!
These slutty brownies 2.0 combine the cookie dough base, Oreo middle and fudge brownie top just like the original but we then add a homemade caramel sauce and homemade hot fudge sauce right there in the middle with the Oreos. Oh yes! Totally unnecessary to some people but we’re not included in that group are we?
These sound insane (and they are) and hard or time consuming to make but they really aren’t. All that’s needed is a one bowl cookie mixture, a one bowl easy-peasy brownie mixture, Oreos and homemade caramel sauce and homemade hot fudge sauce. To save more time you could of course use store bought caramel and hot fudge sauce but the homemade versions are not hard to make and can be made in under ten minutes so I do recommend making your own. I also use the same cookie and brownie recipe from the original ultimate chocolate chip Oreo brownies but to save even more time you could use box mixes…. Again I call that cheating and totally unnecessary with how easy this recipe is! But hey…. You do you.
As you can probably tell from the pictures these are completely over-the-top and quite messy.
But that’s okay.
Messy is good.
Messy means more goo and more goo means deliciousness! Are you starting to see how my brain works?
Please check out the video above and while you’re at it, subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more tasty treats ;). If you liked this over-the-top, showstopping, ooey gooey treat please let know and I’ll gladly make more equally indulgent over-the-top treats! Be sure to like my Facebook page for to see the shorter video of today’s recipe and as always, #lightscamerabake on Instagram to show off your treats. I love seeing your creations!
Slutty Brownies 2.0
For The Caramel Sauce;
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (95g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted (55g)
- 3 Tbsp. Milk
For The Hot Fudge Sauce;
- 3/4 Cups Dark Chocolate (135g)
- 1/3 Cup Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (75g)
For The Cookie Layer;
- 3/4 Cup and 2 Tbsp. Butter, Partially Melted (200g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (130g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp. Golden Syrup (20g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 and 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour (280g)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- 16-18 Oreos
For The Brownie Layer;
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate (190g)
- 3/4 Cup Butter (170g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/4 Cups Sugar (250g)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa (31g)
- 3/4 Cup All-Purpose Flour (95g)
- First make the caramel and hot fudge sauces.
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan on a medium to high heat.
- Once the butter has melted, add the milk and bring to the boil.
- Boil for at least 2 minutes before removing from the heat.
- In another saucepan, place the chocolate, milk and golden syrup into a pot on a medium heat.
- tir all the ingredients together until the chocolate has melted.
- Take off the heat and make the cookie layer.
- Beat the super soft or partially melted butter, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Add the vanilla essence and golden syrup and beat in.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Set this aside.
- Next make the brownie layer;
- Melt the butter and chocolate together.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla essence until light and fluffy.
- Mix the chocolate mixture through the eggs.
- Mix in the cocoa, followed by the flour.
- Line a 9"x13" baking tin with cooking paper and preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spread the cookie dough over the base of the baking tin.
- Pour over the hot fudge sauce and top with the Oreos.
- Pour over the caramel sauce and spread over the brownie batter evenly.
- Place in the oven for 40-50 minutes. The middle will slightly wobble and a toothpick inserted should have loose crumbs attached. The sides and top should be set.
- Allow to cool before slicing and serving.