**Originally posted 2017. Photos and recipe updated 2020**.
S’mores Fudge Pie: A crunchy crushed biscuit (graham crackers or digestives) base with a chocolate fudge middle and topped with ooey gooey, roasty toasty marshmallows! Oh yeah… I went there with the roasty toasty.
If you’ve been reading Lights, Camera, BAKE! for a while, (if you’re new, Hi! Welcome!), you will know by now that I have a
love obsession with s’mores. With the melty chocolate and the ooey gooey marshmallows, how could you not? I’ve made Sticky S’mores Bars, White Chocolate S’mores Bars and a S’more Cookie Pie to name a few and now it’s time for a new recipe!
This isn’t just any ole’ s’mores pie. It’s a S’mores Fudge Pie! The fudge middle is a really simple, three ingredient chocolate fudge. All we need is chocolate, condensed milk and vanilla extract. Melt them all together and you have the best chocolate fudge around. This chocolate fudge also holds it’s shape really well once set so you can get nice clean pieces when slicing the pie.
As you will see, I have two sets of images. Some are of a round pie like a classic pie and others are of a square pie. You can use either an 8″x8″ square pan or a 20cm round pan for this pie. It’s totally up to you!
The base is a simple digestive biscuit and butter base that is baked slightly so it goes crisp and crunchy. The marshmallows are then toasted in the oven so if eaten warm, the base is crunchy, the middle is sticky and rich and the top is – like I said above – ooey gooey and roasty, toasty.
If served cool, the marshmallows are crisp on the outside but very sticky in the middle. You get the lovely toasted marshmallow flavour without the ooey, gooey mess. I prefer to just dip in with a spoon but if you’re wanting to serve this in pieces for a dessert, cooled is definitely the way to go!
I hope you enjoy this S’mores Fudge Pie and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
S’mores Fudge Pie
- 3 Cups Digestive Biscuits (Graham Crackers), Crushed (250g)
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Melted (75g)
- 2 and 1/4 Cups Chocolate Chips, Melted (400g)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 30 Regular Marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and grease a 9" or 20cm round pie dish. Alternatively you could use an 8" or 9" square baking pan.
- Crush the digestive biscuits and mix with the melted butter.
- Press into the base and up the sides of the pie dish and place in the oven for around 10 minutes or until it turns a light golden.
- Next make the fudge.
- Melt the chocolate and pour into a bowl with the condensed milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Pour in a an even layer over the biscuit base.
- Top with the marshmallows and return to the oven for 5-10 minutes. How long depends on how your marshmallows roast as every oven and marshmallow brand is different.
- Check after 5 minutes and if your marshmallows have spread slightly and turned golden on top then they are roasted.
- Eat straight out of the pie dish with a spoon of place in the fridge to set for two hours before slicing and serving.