White Chocolate Stuffed Butterscotch Cookies. Chewy butterscotch pudding cookies packed full of white chocolate for a melty, gooey middle. These use a butterscotch pudding mix to give the strong butterscotch flavour and to add chew to the cookie.
Since making my Vanilla Pudding Cookies I have been dying to try another pudding flavour mixture and add that to a cookie. I find the pudding not only enhances the flavour of the cookie but gives the cookies a lovely chew and texture.
I have used butterscotch pudding mix before in my gooey butterscotch cookie bars that is not only a reader favourite but a taste tester favourite so I knew the butterscotch flavour would be a winner.
This is a very simple cookie batter that doesn’t even require a hand mixer if you can’t be bothered getting it out of the cupboard. (Like I was in the video below.) I used a dark brown sugar in these over regular brown sugar just to really enhance the butterscotch/caramel flavour of these cookies but if you want, you can just use regular brown sugar.
Because this is Lights, Camera, BAKE! and we’re all about changing things up, creating new recipes and making showstoppers, I couldn’t just make a regular butterscotch pudding cookie. Oh no. These are white chocolate STUFFED butterscotch cookies. We put a piece of white chocolate inside every cookie so when we bake them we get a lovely melty and warm surprise.
Simple, comforting, sweet and fun to eat. These white chocolate stuffed butterscotch cookies are sure to impress everyone you serve them to. I may have eaten the whole batch before I could ‘impress’ anyone with these so if you want to do that then by all means go ahead! Treat yourself I say.
If you make these or any of my other recipes, before sure to #lightscamerabake on Instagram and be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel for more fun baking videos.
White Chocolate Stuffed Butterscotch Cookies
- 2/3 Cups Butter, Softened (150g)
- 3/4 Cups Dark Brown Sugar (140g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 70 g Butterscotch Pudding Mix (1 Packet)
- 1 and 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour (215g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 16 Pieces White Chocolate
- 1/2 Cup White Chocolate Chips, (Optional) (90g)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Beat the softened butter, dark brown sugar and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and beat together.
- Stir through the butterscotch pudding mix, flour, baking soda and baking powder and mix until all combined.
- Mix through the white chocolate chips if you using them.
- Grab a tablespoon full of the cooking dough and press into a flat circle. Place a piece of white chocolate in the middle and wrap around it. Add extra cooking dough as needed so the white chocolate piece is completely encased in the middle.
- Refrigerate for an hour before preheating the oven to 180°C (350°F) and baking for 10-15 minutes.
- The cookies do spread. The longer you chill the dough for, the less they will spread.