Bakery Style Halloween Cookies are thick, chewy and extra large chocolate cookies filled with chocolate chips and Halloween candy.
Halloween is upon us once again!
Spooky season and a reason to make horror themed goodies and watch scary movies all day everyday!
Do you like scary movies?
Today we celebrate Halloween with these Halloween themed bakery style cookies.
Thick and chewy bakery style chocolate cookies filled with Halloween themes M&Ms.
Now, I used a mixture of chocolate chips and Halloween themes M&Ms but you could use regular M&Ms or any other chocolate candy that remains you of Halloween!
I have many cookie recipes on my blog but the bakery style is a reader (and my favourite). The method is the same as my original bakery style chocolate chip cookies recipe using cold butter to ensure the cookies do not spread too much and remain chewy.
Thick cookies that are soft in the middle and chewy on the outside.
How To Make The Bakery Style Halloween Cookies
More Halloween Baking Ideas:
- Halloween Mummy Brownies.
- Jack Skellington Cheesecakes.
- Leftover Halloween Candy Blondies.
- Zombie Chocolate Shortbread Cookies.
- Black Velvet Cupcakes.
Did you make this recipe? If so, show me your creation! Tag me on Instagram @lightscamerabake and #lightscamerabake to be featured.
Also don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos.
Bakery Style Halloween Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter, Cold and in small chunks (220g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (150g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 3 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (420g)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa (24g)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour (Cornstarch)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips (135g)
- 1 Cup Halloween M&Ms* (170g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- With an electric mixer, beat the cold butter with the brown sugar and sugar creaming them together.
- There should still be clumps of butter visible.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat in.
- Again, there should still be chunks of butter visible.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, cocoa, cornflour and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. The batter will be quite stiff.
- Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and stir in.
- Divide the mixture into around 10-12 large balls and arrange on the prepared pan.
- Only four or five to a tray as they will spread.
- I didn't roll mine, more like clumped them together in a rustic look. You want them tall balls rather than flatter balls as this will help them remain thick.
- Chill the dough for 30 minutes – 1 hour to re chill the butter and avoid spreading.
- Bake for around 15-20 minutes. The dough will still be a little soft to the touch.