Nutella Oreo Truffles are ultra decadent truffles with a soft and creamy crushed Oreo and Nutella filling and coated in a white chocolate coating.
You know I LOVE, like seriously LOVE Oreo Truffles. You can read that post and see what all my family and friends have to say about those!
Since I love them so much I wondered what they would be like without the cream cheese and the addition of Nutella. Natural progression I say.
What we end up with is a soft and indulgent centre that has the classic Oreo flavour mixed with a rich and sweet chocolate/hazelnut undertone. The cookies and cream and the chocolate hazelnut flavours work well together and marry in a perfect bite sized treat.
I chose to cover mine with white chocolate and add a milk chocolate drizzle to make them really POP. The white chocolate also helps to balance out the all the regular chocolate flavour going on in the truffle itself. You can of course use milk or even dark chocolate instead.
If you make these Nutella Oreo Truffles, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! I love hearing from you all and hearing you love my recipes. Remember if you make this or any of my other recipes to #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Nutella Oreo Truffles
- 28 Oreos, Crushed
- 1 Cup Nutella, Melted (296g)
- 2 Cups White Chocolate (360g)
- 1/4 Cup Milk Chocolate (50g)
- Line a tray with non stick paper and set aside.
- Crush the Oreos either in a food processor or by hand. Melt the Nutella and add to the crushed Oreos and mix together until smooth.
- Roll into balls and place them on the non stick paper and place them in the freezer for half an hour.
- Melt the white chocolate and dip each truffle in the chocolate. Place back in the freezer to set.
- Optional to melt the milk chocolate and drizzle over each truffle for a pretty finish.