Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Pie is a soft and chewy, classic oatmeal cookie base with a homemade salted caramel filling, baked as a pie (or cake) and served in slices with an oozing salted caramel center.
Would you look at that ooze! If you love classic chocolate chip oatmeal cookies you will love this pie version!
The idea is from my from my Salted Caramel Cookie Pie recipe. The first cookie pie I ever made! Still remains one of my favourites so I thought, why not make an oatmeal cookie version?
Oatmeal cookies are the best!
The oatmeal cookie gives this cookie pie a extra chew and texture you just don’t find with regular cookies or cookie pies.
While oatmeal cookies can dry out, this recipe does not! Particularly with the salted caramel sauce running through the middle. The salted caramel seeps into the oatmeal cookie dough as the pie bakes to keep the dough nice and soft.
The salted caramel sauce has been tried and tested too many times to count! You only need butter,brown sugar, milk or cream and of course salt. Boil the ingredients together until reduced and that’s it! No fuss, quick and easy, salted caramel sauce.
I hope you enjoy this Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Pie and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Salted Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Pie
Salted Caramel Sauce;
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar (90g)
- 1/4 Cup Milk or Cream
- 2 tsp Salt
Oatmeal Cookie Pie;
- 1 Cup Butter, Partially Melted (220g)
- 2/3 Cup Dark Brown Sugar (150g)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar (40g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Oats (225g)
- 1 and 3/4 Cups All Purpose Flour (210g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
Salted Caramel Sauce;
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Allow the brown sugar to dissolve and add the milk or cream and bring to the boil for 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Add the salt and set aside while you make the oatmeal cookie dough.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 20cm round pie dish or spring-form pan with baking paper and grease the sides.
- Melt the butter and mix with the dark brown sugar, brown sugar and sugar together.
- Mix in the vanilla extract and egg.
- Add the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder and chocolate chips and mix together.
- Spread half of the dough into the base of the prepared pan and then pour over the salted caramel sauce.
- Blob the remaining dough over the top in as even a layer as you can and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The top and sides will be lightly golden but the middle will wobble slightly due to the salted caramel filling.
- Allow to come to room temperature before slicing as the salted caramel sauce will run.