Caramel Oreo Truffles take a rich and buttery caramel and crushed Oreos to create a sweet, rich, caramel/cookies and cream truffle covered in melted chocolate. If you love classic Oreo Truffles you are going to love these!
What a pick me up for the middle of the week eh? As I write this post, I am sitting with a YouTube video playing as background noise, munching on one – or three – of these truffles. The flavour of these truffles is so hard to put into words but I shall try to do my best.
By now, I’m sure a lot of you are award of Oreo Truffles. Super quick and easy and absolutely showstopping. If I go anywhere and I need to bring a food, Oreo Truffles are my go to for sure!
They’re my Mother’s favourite treat of mine and honestly, I look for excuses to make a batch almost daily!
I’ve played with the classic recipe before on this blog including Nutella Oreo Truffles and Oreo Truffle Red Velvet Bars but never with caramel. The idea never actually crossed my mind until I had leftover Oreo crumbs and leftover Caramel Filling from other recipes. I was thinking of ways to use them up and the idea just popped into my head.
These will only work with the caramel recipe listed below or a really thick, store bought caramel. I recommend making the caramel below because 1) its super easy 2) it’s amazing! 3) you won’t get any artificial caramel taste.
The flavour of these is like a sweet, buttery, slightly caramel flavour with a an undertone of Oreos that’s soft and melting in the mouth and just a hint of chocolate from the chocolate coating. I know the description may not make complete sense but just trust me, you will understand once you make them!
I hope you enjoy these Caramel Oreo Truffles and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Caramel Oreo Truffles
- 1/2 Tin Condensed Milk (200g)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar or Golden Syrup (90g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 28 Oreos (Two Packets)
- 1 and 1/3 Cups Chocolate, Melted (250g)
- First make the caramel.
- Place the ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir and wait for the butter and brown sugar to dissolve.
- Bring it nearly to the boil then remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Crush the Oreos into a fine crumb either in a food processor or by hand.
- Stir through the caramel.
- Roll the Oreo mixture into balls and place on a plate lined with non stick paper.
- Place in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, melt your chocolate of choice, (I like to use dark chocolate).
- Pour the chocolate over the truffles, giving them a nice coating or dip the Oreo balls into the chocolate one at a time.
- Place to balls in the fridge until the chocolate has set.
- Store in the fridge.