Flourless Cosmic Brownies are a twist on the traditional cosmic brownies using my ultra fudgy flourless brownies recipe as the base with a buttercream top and covered in M&Ms.
If you haven’t heard of Cosmic Brownies before, I don’t blame you! I hadn’t either. The premise of a cosmic brownie is a fudgy brownie topped with a chocolate frosting and covered with M&Ms.
I just had to put a twist on these bad boys by turning them flourless. I love a flourless brownie as they are naturally gluten free and turn out ultra fudgy every single time!
Trust me, they will become your new favourite brownie!
If you want to make these regular brownies, you could use my fudgy brownies recipes or my rich cocoa brownies if you want a one bowl recipe.
How to Make Flourless Cosmic Brownies
The first step is making the brownies. These brownies use all the ingredients and method of a regular brownie with the omission of flour. So melted butter and chocolate are mixed with beaten eggs, vanilla extract and sugar.
These then have cocoa and cornflour added and then you bake! Super easy.
Next is the buttercream which is purely butter, cocoa, icing sugar and water beaten together to a smooth and spreadable consistency.
Finally cover these bad boys in M&Ms!
I hope you enjoy these Flourless Cosmic Brownies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Flourless Cosmic Brownies
- 1/2 Cup Butter (120g)
- 1/2 Cup and 2 Tbsp. Dark Chocolate (110g)
- 1/2 Cup and 2 Tbsp. Milk Chocolate (110g)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 Cups Brown Sugar (120g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 1/4 Cup Cornflour (30g)
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa (24g)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (90g)
- 1/3 Cup Butter, Softened (80g)
- 3 Tbsp. Cocoa (19g)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups Icing Sugar (180g)
- 2 Tbsp. Water
- 2/3 Cups M&Ms (150g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9"x9" baking pan with baking paper.
- Melt the butter, milk chocolate and dark chocolate together.
- Place the eggs, vanilla extract, brown sugar and sugar in a bowl and beat together.
- Pour in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and mix together.
- Add in the cornflour and cocoa and mix until all combined. Add in the chocolate chips and mix.
- Pour into the prepared pan and place in the oven for around 30 minutes while you make the chocolate buttercream.
- The top and sides will be set and the middle will be slightly wobbly.
- Add the softened butter, cocoa, icing sugar and water into a bowl and beat together. If the mixture is too stiff add extra water one teaspoon at a time until it is spreadable.
- Once the brownies have cooled completely – I like to place mine in the fridge to set – spread over the buttercream in an even layer and sprinkle over the M&Ms.
- Slice and serve!
Leave a Reply