Malteser Caramel Pie is a pie with a melt-in-the-mouth shortbread base, a homemade rich and buttery caramel filling and topped with a Malteser spread and chocolate top and covered in a lot of Maltesers!
Happy Friday! I hope its been a good Friday for you all! I know it has been for me. I have finished up university for the year and I have done absolutely nothing but bake, binge watch Netflix and write this post.
Seriously. That’s it!
In celebration of my freedom and the growth of this blog over the past few weeks (thank you all for your support and your viewership! It means the world to me), I thought I would bring you a gorgeous and seriously tempting recipe.
Maltesers are one of my favourite all time chocolates. (Anyone else has Maltesers as their go to movies snack?)
After the success of my Malteser Fudge and Malteser Chocolate Cake, I have discovered you love Maltesers too so I have come up with the most incredible pie EVER!
Let’s break it down.
We have a buttery, melt-in-the-mouth shortbread base and sides. The shortbread is replacing a classic pie pastry. You will love the texture and the taste of the shortbread with the caramel filling.
The filling is my go to caramel recipe that never ceases to impress. The caramel is sweet but also rich and buttery and is thick and holds its shape which is what we want for the pie.
This is all then finished with a Malteser chocolate topping which consists of Maltesers Teaser Spread! Have you seen or heard of this spread? It is basically Maltesers in spread form, like Nutella.
This spread is AMAZING! If you can’t get your hands on the spread and can’t buy it from Amazon, then you can omit the spread and just increase the milk to 3/4 cup and the chocolate to 250g.
I baked mine in an 8″ loose bottomed pan. The loose bottom really make getting the pie out of the dish really simple.
I hope you enjoy this Malteser Caramel Pie and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
Malteser Caramel Pie
- 1 Cup Butter, Softened (220g)
- 3/4 Cup Icing Sugar (Confectioners Sugar) (90g)
- 1/4 Cup Cornflour (Cornstarch) (30g)
- 1 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (180g)
- 1 Tin Sweetened Condensed Milk (397g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (55g)
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup, Treacle or Brown Sugar (90g)
Malteser Chocolate Topping;
- 1/2 Cup Malteser Teaser Spread (125g)
- 1 Cup Milk Chocolate (180g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Milk or Cream
- 200 g Maltesers, Half of them roughly chopped
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F) and grease a loose bottom 8" pie or cake tin.
- Cream the butter and icing sugar together until it is light and fluffy.
- Add the cornflour and flour and mix well.
- Roll out the dough to a 2 cm thickness and press into the base and sides of the pie dish.
- Prick the base with a fork and bake for 25-30 minutes. The base should just begin to be getting a pale golden colour. Allow to cool to room temperature while you make the caramel filling.
- Place the ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- Stir and wait for the butter and brown sugar to dissolve.
- Bring it nearly to the boil then remove from the heat. Pour over the base and spread in an even layer and place in the fridge to set for at least an hour but preferably two.
Malteser Chocolate Topping;
- Place the Malteser spread, chocolate, vanilla extract and milk in a bowl and melt together in the microwave or place in a saucepan and melt on the stove top.
- Pour over the caramel filling and spread in an even layer. Top with the roughly chopped Maltesers and whole Maltesers and decorate how you like.
- Allow it to set in the fridge for a further 30 minutes or an hour.
Leave a Reply