Malteser Cheesecake is a no bake malt chocolate cheesecake on a malted cookie base and topped with crushed Maltesers and a malt whipped cream. An easy cheesecake that doesn’t require an oven and tastes like a Malteser in cheesecake form!
From the stats on my Malteser recipes, it seems you love Maltesers too! *If you don’t have Maltesers in your country, you are you may have Whoppers*
Let’s start with the cheesecake. For these base you want to use malt biscuits. Like these. Crush them like you would Oreos or graham crackers and mix with butter for a crunchy, malt base. We really want to taste malt and chocolate in this Malteser cheesecake.
The filling is based on a number of my no bake cheesecakes. Nutella Cheesecake, Triple Chocolate Cheesecake…. The filling base is much the same. Cream cheese, vanilla extract, icing sugar and whipped cream. For the Malteser cheesecake also add malt milk powder (such as Horlicks), melted dark chocolate and crushed Maltesers. The dark chocolate won’t taste dark. We add enough to have a hint of chocolate but not enough to overwhelm the cheesecake and malt powder.
The great thing about no bake cheesecakes is they are so quick to put together, you don’t need an oven and you don’t have to worry about cracking. However, they do need to set in the fridge for AT LEAST 4 hours but preferably 8 or overnight.
I decided to top my cheesecake with melted chocolate, a malted whipped cream (I used this star tip nozzle for the cream) and more crushed Maltesers. You can decorate or top the cheesecake with whatever and however you wish! Really let your design skills shine!
The key is to wait until a couple of hours before you are going to serve the cheesecake to decorate so you know the base will be set enough to hold the toppings and so the toppings don’t begin to look blah.
I hope you like today’s recipe and I truly hope you give this no bake cheesecake a go. Remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured!
- 3 Cups Malt Biscuits, Crushed (250g)
- 1/4 Cup Butter, Melted (55g)
- 2 and 1/2 Cups Cream Cheese, at room temperature (625g)
- 1 Cup Icing Sugar (120g)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate (180g)
- 1/2 Cup Malt Milk Powder (65g)
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream, Whipped
- 1 Cup Maltesers, Crushed (125g)
Malted Whipped Cream;
- 1 Cup Whipping Cream
- 2 Tbsp. Icing Sugar (15g)
- 1/4 Cup Malt Milk Powder (30g)
- 1 and 1/3 Cups Dark Chocolate, Melted (250g)
- 1 Cup Maltesers, Crushed (125g)
- Line a 20cm round springform pan with baking paper or non stick paper and set aside.To prepare the ganache, place the chocolate into a bowl.Heat the cream until nearly boiling and then pour over the chocolate.Mix until smooth and glossy.Drizzle over the cheesecake before serving.
- Crush the malt biscuits and melt the butter. Mix together.
- Press into the base of your prepared pan and place in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla extract, icing sugar and malt milk powder and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the melted dark chocolate.
- Lightly whip the cream until soft peaks.
- Beat the cream into the cheesecake mixture. It should be thick.
- Fold through the crushed Maltesers.
- Pour over the malt base and place in the fridge until set. Around four hours or overnight.
- To make the malt whipped cream, place the cream, malted milk powder and icing sugar in a bowl.
- Beat with hand mixer until peaks form and its not at all runny.
- Take the cheesecake out of the fridge and place on a serving plate. Spread over the melted dark chocolate, top with more crushed Maltesers and pipe on dollops of the malted whipped cream. Top with a few more Maltesers id you wish and serve.