Malteser Chocolate Cookies are soft and chewy malted chocolate cookies with crushed Maltesers and chocolate chips throughout.
I am a tad obsessed with Maltesers. Seriously. They are my go to movie snack (a big bag of course). I don’t know why but Maltesers are just the perfect comforting treat. From my Malteser Chocolate Fudge and Malteser Chocolate Cake to my Malteser Cheesecake and Malteser Cookies, you will find all your Maltesers cravings solved on this blog!
I already have a Malteser Cookies recipe on my blog but I wanted to try them with a touch of cocoa. We now have a triple chocolate malted cookie!
Think of a chocolate malt shake in chewy cookie form.
These cookies spread quite a bit when baking so I recommend chilling the dough for at least an hour before baking them. The longer you chill the dough the better and for flavour and less spreading will occur.
Due to the addition of malted milk powder (I use Horlicks), the cookies turn out much chewier in texture than regular cookies with a light crunch. I guess a texture similar to that of the inside of a Malteser!
This is a one bowl kind of recipe. No fuss, quick and easy to throw together and at the end of it you get a comforting, malted chocolate, Malteser cookie! What more could you want?
I hope you enjoy these Chocolate Malteser Cookies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Malteser Chocolate Cookies
- 1/3 Cup and 2 Tbsp. Butter, Melted (90g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar (70g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (120g)
- 1 Tbsp. Cornflour (Cornstarch) (12g)
- 2 Tbsp. Cocoa (12g)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/3 Cup Malted Milk Powder (50g)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (90g)
- 1/2 Cup Maltesers, Chopped (70g)
- Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Roughly chop the Maltesers into a mixture of small and large pieces.
- Melt the butter and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Add the sugar, brown sugar, flour, cornflour, cocoa, baking soda, malted milk powder, salt, chocolate chips and chopped Maltesers into a bowl and mix together.
- Pour in the melted butter, egg and vanilla extract and mix into a dough.
- Roll into 12 - 16 balls and place on the baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and place the cookies in the oven for 12-15 minutes.
- The outsides will be browning and the middle will be soft but it will harden as they cool.
Leave a Reply