*This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure for more details!*
To make these Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies, we take chewy chocolate chip cookies and we stuff them full of melting Nutella!
You know I love Nutella. I have too many Nutella or chocolate hazelnut themed recipes on this blog to count!
Some of my all time favourites though are Nutella Brownies, Nutella Swirled Bakery Cookies, Nutella Chocolate Cake and my Nutella KitKat Cookie Pie. You know… If you need some more Nutella inspiration!
Today’s recipe uses a chocolate chip cookie recipe that is inspired by Sugar Spun Run’s famous recipe and one that I adapted here on my blog using candied pecans.
The recipe uses maple syrup which gives a delicate flavour to the cookie dough and paired with the rich chocolate and hazelnut filling is just moreish!
The cookie dough is a one bowl recipe and the key to really thick and chewy cookies is to let these chill for at LEAST 30 minutes. That way they don’t spread too much and become flat and hard.
The dough is also easier to work with when filling the cookies with the Nutella.
I hope you enjoy these Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for fun baking videos!
Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 Cup Butter, Melted (220g)
- 1/2 Cup Sugar (100g)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (190g)
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup (180g)
- 2 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp. Cornflour (14g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (435g)
- 1 Cup Chocolate Chips (180g)
- 1 Cup Nutella (290g)
- Dollop 16 blobs of Nutella on a lined tray and place in the freezer to chill.
- Melt the butter and in a bowl, mix the melted butter, sugar, brown sugar together.
- Add in the maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and cornflour.
- Finally mix in the chocolate chips and place the mixture in the fridge for at least 30 minutes but preferably 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Flatten out a bit of dough in your hand and place a dollop of the Nutella in the center. Fold the dough around the Nutella to create a casing and repeat.
- Bake for around 12-15 minutes.
- he cookies will have spread slightly, the top will have a very slightly golden look to it and they will be soft to the touch.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes before devouring!
Leave a Reply