Peanut Butter Nutella Thumbprint Cookies are a soft and chewy peanut butter cookie with a ‘thumbprint’ in the middle filled with Nutella.
As you know I am a complete sucker for all things Nutella. On my blog we have Nutella Cheesecake, Nutella KitKat Cookie Pie, Nutella Brownies and a recipe with similar flavours to this one, Peanut Butter Nutella Filled Cookie Cups just to name a few of the Nutella inspired recipes.
I also have a love of peanut butter. As I’ve said in the past, the all natural just ground peanuts is my favourite. As with all my peanut butter recipes, I use an all natural brand like this one or this one. However, if you want to use regular peanut butter you can substitute that in the this and all of my peanut butter recipes.
These Peanut Butter Nutella Thumbprint Cookies could not be easier to make. You make a simple peanut butter cookie dough which is a one bowl recipe. Once the cookie dough is ready and you have your peanut butter cookies rolled out on a baking sheet, you just need to take your thumb and lightly press it into the top of each cookie dough ball to create a ‘thumbprint’ for the scoops of Nutella.
Bake and in the end you will have soft and chewy peanut butter thumbprint cookies with a melting Nutella filling. The flavour of the salty peanut butter mixed with the sweet Nutella is just heavenly. A flavour combination that doesn’t really pop up often but is seriously underrated!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and be sure to #lightscamerabake on Instagram if you make these or any of my other recipes. I love seeing your creations.
I also have some exciting news…
I have a new eBook! And it’s completely FREE!
All you have to do is sign up to my mailing list and you will receive this eBook as a my thank you. Don’t worry if you are already signed up to my newsletter, I will be sending you a copy in the next couple of days!
Peanut Butter Nutella Thumbprint Cookies
- 1 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter (250g)
- 1/2 Cup Butter, Softened (100g)
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (140g)
- 1/4 Cup Sugar (50g)
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 and 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour (180g)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/2-3/4 Cups Nutella (200-225g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside.
- Beat the peanut butter, butter, brown sugar and sugar together until creamy.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the flour, baking soda and salt and mix until all combined.
- Roll into balls and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Using your thumb, press a thumbprint into the middle of each cookie and then fill the dent you have made with the Nutella.
- Bake for around 10-12 minutes. The cookies will have spread slightly and be a golden colour.
- Allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the tray.