Easter Egg Brownies are what dreams are made of! Fudgy brownies filled with assorted mini Easter eggs and chocolates topped with a chocolate ganache, more Mini Eggs and a white chocolate drizzle.
Easter is coming up fast! I know it probably doesn’t feel like it to most – it certainly doesn’t for me – but I hope this recipe will brighten up everyone’s day in self isolation, quarantine or a day off if you are an essential worker!
I have already shared one Easter recipe this year. My Easter Egg Rocky Road and you can expect another one or two before Easter arrives!
Now, I know people in some parts of the world are struggling to find basic ingredients so if you can’t get your hands on a bag of flour you can make these brownies flourless by using my flourless brownie recipe instead as the base for all the Easter eggs!
Similar, if you don’t have many ingredients at home but you do have a brownie box mix, you can make that according to the box instructions and then add in the Easter eggs and my the ganache etc.
What Easter Eggs to use
Basically, whatever solid mini eggs you like and whatever you have at home is totally fine!
I hope you enjoy these Easter Egg Brownies and I truly hope you give this recipe a go and remember to rate and report back your results in the comments below. I love reading your comments! Also #lightscamerabake on Instagram for a chance to be featured and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube Channel for more fun baking videos!
Easter Egg Brownies
- 190 g Dark Chocolate (1 Cup 2Tbsp.)
- 170 g Butter (3/4 Cups)
- 2/3 Cups Brown Sugar (140g)
- 1/3 Cup Sugar (67g)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour (125g)
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa (29g)
- 3/4 Cup Assorted Mini Eggs (180g)
- 180 g Dark Chocolate (1 Cup)
- 125 mL Cream or Milk (1/2 Cup)
- 100 g White Chocolate (1/2 Cup)
- 1 Cup Assorted Mini Eggs (M&M Speckled Eggs, Mini Eggs, etc) (200g)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F) and line a 9'x9' baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together.
- Mix the eggs, sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract together until the mixture becomes a light golden colour.
- Mix in the chocolate mixture.
- Stir in the flour and cocoa until just combined.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Place in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes. The top and sides will be set and the middle will have crumbs attached to a skewer inserted but should not be wet.
- Allow the brownie to chill completely so the ganache doesn't run.
- Heat he milk or cream until near boiling and pour over the dark chocolate and mix until smooth. Allow to cool until the ganache is thick and spreadable.
- Top the brownie with the ganache and sprinkle with all the eggs you want.
- Melt the white chocolate and using a spoon, drizzle the white chocolate over the eggs in any design you want.